Luis M. Alvarez, Associated Press
PALM BEACH, Fla. — New Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin says he's impressed with what he sees on tape of Matt Moore's work last season.
It's not enough to declare him the starter entering this season.
At the NFL meetings on Tuesday, Philbin says he will have Moore, David Garrard and Pat Devlin all getting minicamp snaps and insists it will be "an open competition" for the job. Moore started Miami's last 12 games last season, losing his first three before winning six of his final nine.
The Dolphins pursued Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn and Alex Smith during the offseason, failing to sign any of the three. Garrard did not play in the NFL last season after being released by Jacksonville and then having back surgery several weeks later.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 85
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32