Luis M. Alvarez, Associated Press
PALM BEACH, Fla. — New Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin says he's impressed with what he sees on tape of Matt Moore's work last season.
It's not enough to declare him the starter entering this season.
At the NFL meetings on Tuesday, Philbin says he will have Moore, David Garrard and Pat Devlin all getting minicamp snaps and insists it will be "an open competition" for the job. Moore started Miami's last 12 games last season, losing his first three before winning six of his final nine.
The Dolphins pursued Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn and Alex Smith during the offseason, failing to sign any of the three. Garrard did not play in the NFL last season after being released by Jacksonville and then having back surgery several weeks later.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45