Luis M. Alvarez, Associated Press
PALM BEACH, Fla. — New Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin says he's impressed with what he sees on tape of Matt Moore's work last season.
It's not enough to declare him the starter entering this season.
At the NFL meetings on Tuesday, Philbin says he will have Moore, David Garrard and Pat Devlin all getting minicamp snaps and insists it will be "an open competition" for the job. Moore started Miami's last 12 games last season, losing his first three before winning six of his final nine.
The Dolphins pursued Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn and Alex Smith during the offseason, failing to sign any of the three. Garrard did not play in the NFL last season after being released by Jacksonville and then having back surgery several weeks later.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16