Murray Close, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — Thousands of Utah "Hunger Games" movie fans led Megaplex Theatres to six of the top 20 spots of the national box office figures for the midnight premiere attendance. The Megaplex Theatres finished first and second in the nation among the 10,000 movie screens at 4,150 complexes that showed the film at midnight on March 22.
Megaplex Theatres, founded by local businessman Larry. H. Miller, are among the most popular theatres in Utah, and among the top grossing theatres in the nation- as evidenced by the astounding turnout for the "Hunger Games" premiere.
Read the full article here on KSL.com
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down...
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life changing...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Float party gives thousands a sneak peek of...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life... 1
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt... 1