Their enthusiasm and continued motivation to push toward the playoffs was evident, and from multiple players.
Devin Harris, a night after playing for 54 minutes, held his own against D-Will. In his first game back in New Jersey since being part of the deal for the three-time All-Star, Harris dished out a season-high 11 assists and scored nine points (to Williams' 17 points on 7-for-21 shooting and 11 dishes).
Alec Burks came in quicker than anyone expected — along with Derrick Favors and, surprise, Earl Watson — just over four minutes into the game and finished with a sparkplug 15 points.
C.J. Miles also had 10 points in 21 minutes (28 fewer than Sunday), and Gordon Hayward chipped in seven points after logging an incredible 57 minutes in Atlanta.
Corbin also gave guys on the bench, including DeMarre Carrol (seven points) and Watson, plenty of time to help keep the squad as active as possible.
"We (knew) we were going to need everybody," Corbin said. "Everybody had to be ready to go because we needed all of our bodies tonight."
Jefferson, Millsap and Harris each scored early in the fourth quarter as the Jazz went on a 7-0 run to give them space after the Nets pulled within three.
From there, the lead ballooned to 23 when Jeremy Evans soared to catch a Watson pass and slammed down a punctuating alley-oop.
"Our team played with a chip on their shoulder," Millsap added. "And they didn't let all the hype get to them, and they came out and played a great game."
GAME NOTES: Favors finished with just four points and five rebounds in his first game back in New Jersey since being traded to Utah. ... Hayward's 57-minute performance tied Karl Malone for the most-ever logged in a game by a Jazz player. … Monday was Hall of Fame guard John Stockton's 50th birthday.
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws'...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27