Outdoor enthusiasts who hike, climb, bike, ski, hunt, fish and run need a source of clean water as they enjoy recreational activities. Geigerrig's hydration packs and filter systems are taking the country by storm with thousands of customers proudly telling their friends how much they appreciate the innovative products. Note the compliments of a loyal customer: "I love everything about my new Geigerrig hydration pack! The ability to attach an in-line water filter for all-day hydration makes for longer days without having to carry all the extra water weight. I also really enjoy the spray benefits from the pump-activated pressurizing system. It makes cooling off and sharing with others a breeze, especially filling up a water bowl for my dog who often accompanies me on my adventures. I LOVE this product."
Why is this new company soaring high? Why is it winning every international new product award? Curt Geiger, company CEO, has the answer. "I am making and selling products that customers have been waiting to buy. I am replacing the competitions' products." The Geigerrig-patented advantage involves putting a container of water under pressure so it can spray its contents. Competing products require users to suck the water from their hydration packs; not an easy thing to do when racing along a country road.
Designed with the customer in mind, Geigerrig products are exactly what the users want. They have the features, benefits, accessories and warranties that are important to all serious recreational buyers.
There is much to learn from these two great entrepreneurs on how to build a high-flying business. Let us all remember that entrepreneurs who rise above the rest do so by making and selling compelling products that have extraordinary customer demand.
Do you have a comment or an example story to tell? Connect with me at @AskAlanEHall or send me a message at www.AlanEHall.com.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is the chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- Utah business leaders say Congress must solve...
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's Frozen
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops among...
- Looming chocolate drought may leave some...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Could Facebook at Work create more...
- Robots will replace 50% of today's...
- What's next for dead malls?
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 45
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Imbibing in Utah grows with population,... 7
- 'Red warning lights' flashing for... 5
- Millennials are quitting their jobs and... 5
- What's next for dead malls? 5