Outdoor enthusiasts who hike, climb, bike, ski, hunt, fish and run need a source of clean water as they enjoy recreational activities. Geigerrig's hydration packs and filter systems are taking the country by storm with thousands of customers proudly telling their friends how much they appreciate the innovative products. Note the compliments of a loyal customer: "I love everything about my new Geigerrig hydration pack! The ability to attach an in-line water filter for all-day hydration makes for longer days without having to carry all the extra water weight. I also really enjoy the spray benefits from the pump-activated pressurizing system. It makes cooling off and sharing with others a breeze, especially filling up a water bowl for my dog who often accompanies me on my adventures. I LOVE this product."
Why is this new company soaring high? Why is it winning every international new product award? Curt Geiger, company CEO, has the answer. "I am making and selling products that customers have been waiting to buy. I am replacing the competitions' products." The Geigerrig-patented advantage involves putting a container of water under pressure so it can spray its contents. Competing products require users to suck the water from their hydration packs; not an easy thing to do when racing along a country road.
Designed with the customer in mind, Geigerrig products are exactly what the users want. They have the features, benefits, accessories and warranties that are important to all serious recreational buyers.
There is much to learn from these two great entrepreneurs on how to build a high-flying business. Let us all remember that entrepreneurs who rise above the rest do so by making and selling compelling products that have extraordinary customer demand.
Do you have a comment or an example story to tell? Connect with me at @AskAlanEHall or send me a message at www.AlanEHall.com.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is the chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- Volunteer deputy accused of shooting unarmed...
- RC Willey opens new store at University Place...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters Utah's...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Where does 'cool' come from?
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- Are you rich or poor? The answer may be... 21
- Fight for $15 protests expand for... 20
- Minority of taxpayers pay majority of... 20
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Gas prices in Utah climb 15 cents above... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4