Outdoor enthusiasts who hike, climb, bike, ski, hunt, fish and run need a source of clean water as they enjoy recreational activities. Geigerrig's hydration packs and filter systems are taking the country by storm with thousands of customers proudly telling their friends how much they appreciate the innovative products. Note the compliments of a loyal customer: "I love everything about my new Geigerrig hydration pack! The ability to attach an in-line water filter for all-day hydration makes for longer days without having to carry all the extra water weight. I also really enjoy the spray benefits from the pump-activated pressurizing system. It makes cooling off and sharing with others a breeze, especially filling up a water bowl for my dog who often accompanies me on my adventures. I LOVE this product."
Why is this new company soaring high? Why is it winning every international new product award? Curt Geiger, company CEO, has the answer. "I am making and selling products that customers have been waiting to buy. I am replacing the competitions' products." The Geigerrig-patented advantage involves putting a container of water under pressure so it can spray its contents. Competing products require users to suck the water from their hydration packs; not an easy thing to do when racing along a country road.
Designed with the customer in mind, Geigerrig products are exactly what the users want. They have the features, benefits, accessories and warranties that are important to all serious recreational buyers.
There is much to learn from these two great entrepreneurs on how to build a high-flying business. Let us all remember that entrepreneurs who rise above the rest do so by making and selling compelling products that have extraordinary customer demand.
Do you have a comment or an example story to tell? Connect with me at @AskAlanEHall or send me a message at www.AlanEHall.com.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is the chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Young entrepreneurs strut their stuff in bid...
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Park City approves lift connecting 2 ski resorts
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- Colorado drilling plan has safeguards for...
- Bill before Utah governor to regulate...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt... 3
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US... 2
- Astronauts board space station for... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2