In her email from Oklahoma, Stephenson said of President Monson's conference address, "It was as though the Lord directly instructed me to respond to inspiration with confidence, courage and faith and to relinquish doubt. … I also determined that I need to be scrupulous in eliminating distractions and media influences that stall progression. How grateful I am to have a true prophet to instruct me in these complicated times."
Dani Stevens, a member of the church's Logan Branch in West Virginia, said she once lamented the fact that she could not obtain tickets to attend the general sessions in the Conference Center. She poured out her feelings in a poem in which she wrote of her desire to:
Dine on inspirational words our leaders will speak.
I would love to be right there in such a beautiful place.
It would be great to be close enough to behold (the prophet's) face.
I cannot be there in person, it is not meant to be. I will have to stay home and watch it on TV …
I'll think of the millions of Saints, that together we'll gather
Not all in one place
Not all in one building … but one place in the heart
A place we find the Savior's love, never to part.
As Mormons fill the Conference Center, or gather in church meetinghouses, watch or listen via various media to broadcasts of conference proceedings, they — most certainly — will pay particular attention to what President Monson has to say.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 101
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 57
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14