In her email from Oklahoma, Stephenson said of President Monson's conference address, "It was as though the Lord directly instructed me to respond to inspiration with confidence, courage and faith and to relinquish doubt. … I also determined that I need to be scrupulous in eliminating distractions and media influences that stall progression. How grateful I am to have a true prophet to instruct me in these complicated times."
Dani Stevens, a member of the church's Logan Branch in West Virginia, said she once lamented the fact that she could not obtain tickets to attend the general sessions in the Conference Center. She poured out her feelings in a poem in which she wrote of her desire to:
Dine on inspirational words our leaders will speak.
I would love to be right there in such a beautiful place.
It would be great to be close enough to behold (the prophet's) face.
I cannot be there in person, it is not meant to be. I will have to stay home and watch it on TV …
I'll think of the millions of Saints, that together we'll gather
Not all in one place
Not all in one building … but one place in the heart
A place we find the Savior's love, never to part.
As Mormons fill the Conference Center, or gather in church meetinghouses, watch or listen via various media to broadcasts of conference proceedings, they — most certainly — will pay particular attention to what President Monson has to say.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Genealogy: A journal has many uses
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 39
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 25
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 21
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 17
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 16
- Space and religion: How believers view... 11