Barry Gutierrez, File, Associated Press
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Tim Tebow is getting his first New York close-up.
At his introductory news conference Monday, the New York Jets backup quarterback, acquired from Denver last Wednesday, says he's grateful and excited to be with the team.
Tebow is speaking at a massive gathering that's being held at the Jets field house because the overflow of media was so great the session couldn't be hold in the team's normal press room. That's a first for any Jets player — including starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.
The Jets No. 2 QB says he and Sanchez have known each other for three years and have a "great relationship."
Tebow is coming off a season of incredible comebacks with the Broncos, and the Jets are hoping he has more surprises left in him.
Coach Rex Ryan, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson are not at the news conference. They're down at the NFL meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., far away from the wild scene at the team's headquarters.
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 155
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 42
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19