Barry Gutierrez, File, Associated Press
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Tim Tebow is getting his first New York close-up.
At his introductory news conference Monday, the New York Jets backup quarterback, acquired from Denver last Wednesday, says he's grateful and excited to be with the team.
Tebow is speaking at a massive gathering that's being held at the Jets field house because the overflow of media was so great the session couldn't be hold in the team's normal press room. That's a first for any Jets player — including starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.
The Jets No. 2 QB says he and Sanchez have known each other for three years and have a "great relationship."
Tebow is coming off a season of incredible comebacks with the Broncos, and the Jets are hoping he has more surprises left in him.
Coach Rex Ryan, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson are not at the news conference. They're down at the NFL meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., far away from the wild scene at the team's headquarters.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13