Barry Gutierrez, File, Associated Press
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Tim Tebow is getting his first New York close-up.
At his introductory news conference Monday, the New York Jets backup quarterback, acquired from Denver last Wednesday, says he's grateful and excited to be with the team.
Tebow is speaking at a massive gathering that's being held at the Jets field house because the overflow of media was so great the session couldn't be hold in the team's normal press room. That's a first for any Jets player — including starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.
The Jets No. 2 QB says he and Sanchez have known each other for three years and have a "great relationship."
Tebow is coming off a season of incredible comebacks with the Broncos, and the Jets are hoping he has more surprises left in him.
Coach Rex Ryan, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson are not at the news conference. They're down at the NFL meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., far away from the wild scene at the team's headquarters.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43