LOS ANGELES — Historic guitars from Les Paul's personal collection and recording equipment owned by the pioneering musician will be sold at auction.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says the sale includes rare guitars, effects pedals, mixing consoles and the grand piano from Paul's home recording studio. Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills will host the sale over three days, including what would have been Paul's 97th birthday: June 9.
A guitarist and inventor, Paul developed one of the first solid-body electric guitars — released commercially in 1952 as the Gibson Les Paul — as well as the technology behind modern multi-track recording. He is recognized in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
The auction benefits the Les Paul Foundation.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1