VanDerveer looks at Monday's game "as more of a traditional matchup for us as opposed to some of the games we've played." Four Blue Devils starters are scoring in double figures, while Selby is doing the little things with 6.7 points, 3.0 rebounds. 2.6 assists and 1.7 steals. Her 18 points against St. John's were a career high, and she also had seven assists, five rebounds and four steals.
The supporting cast is sure bringing it, too. Gray has scored in double digits in eight straight games, while fellow sophomore Tricia Liston has totaled 60 points in Duke's first three NCAA wins.
"It's impressive," Chiney Ogwumike said. "You look at their roster and see so many freshmen and sophomores dominating. It's cool. That's my class."
Still, the Blue Devils know none of what they've already done this month will matter if they can't slow down the Ogwumike sisters.
Chiney Ogwumike is nursing a sprained right knee and took two scary falls during the regional semifinals, while standout Duke freshman Elizabeth Williams is playing with a stress fracture in her lower right leg.
The bulky brace on Chiney Ogwumike's knee could be a hazard in itself, she warns.
"It's tough to hit a knee that will hit you back," she joked of an opponent trying to attack her perceived weakness.
Without sharing too many secrets, she found her fair share of success against big sister growing up by "sagging off of her and taking away her vision."
"I'd back off because she has a quick first step, and I'd have a hand up," Chiney Ogwumike said of Nneka, the likely No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft once this season ends.
"I don't want our journey to end so soon," the elder Ogwumike said.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25