VanDerveer looks at Monday's game "as more of a traditional matchup for us as opposed to some of the games we've played." Four Blue Devils starters are scoring in double figures, while Selby is doing the little things with 6.7 points, 3.0 rebounds. 2.6 assists and 1.7 steals. Her 18 points against St. John's were a career high, and she also had seven assists, five rebounds and four steals.
The supporting cast is sure bringing it, too. Gray has scored in double digits in eight straight games, while fellow sophomore Tricia Liston has totaled 60 points in Duke's first three NCAA wins.
"It's impressive," Chiney Ogwumike said. "You look at their roster and see so many freshmen and sophomores dominating. It's cool. That's my class."
Still, the Blue Devils know none of what they've already done this month will matter if they can't slow down the Ogwumike sisters.
Chiney Ogwumike is nursing a sprained right knee and took two scary falls during the regional semifinals, while standout Duke freshman Elizabeth Williams is playing with a stress fracture in her lower right leg.
The bulky brace on Chiney Ogwumike's knee could be a hazard in itself, she warns.
"It's tough to hit a knee that will hit you back," she joked of an opponent trying to attack her perceived weakness.
Without sharing too many secrets, she found her fair share of success against big sister growing up by "sagging off of her and taking away her vision."
"I'd back off because she has a quick first step, and I'd have a hand up," Chiney Ogwumike said of Nneka, the likely No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft once this season ends.
"I don't want our journey to end so soon," the elder Ogwumike said.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20