Thibault Camus, Associated Press
PARIS — Paris Saint-Germain slipped behind Montpellier in the French title race on goal difference after drawing 1-1 at home to Bordeaux on Sunday, needing a late equalizer from striker Guillaume Hoarau to avoid a second straight defeat.
PSG crashed out of the French Cup quarterfinals after a 3-1 home loss to Lyon in midweek, and another defeat looked on the cards after striker Cheick Diabate gave Bordeaux the lead in the 77th minute.
But Hoarau equalized four minutes later when he controlled a neat backheel from substitute Mathieu Bodmer just inside the penalty area, span and hit a low shot that goalkeeper Cedric Carrasso got a hand on but could not keep out.
With nine matches remaining, Montpellier and PSG have 60 points, but Montpellier's goal difference is three better than PSG's. Lille is seven points behind them in third place.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19