Thibault Camus, Associated Press
PARIS — Paris Saint-Germain slipped behind Montpellier in the French title race on goal difference after drawing 1-1 at home to Bordeaux on Sunday, needing a late equalizer from striker Guillaume Hoarau to avoid a second straight defeat.
PSG crashed out of the French Cup quarterfinals after a 3-1 home loss to Lyon in midweek, and another defeat looked on the cards after striker Cheick Diabate gave Bordeaux the lead in the 77th minute.
But Hoarau equalized four minutes later when he controlled a neat backheel from substitute Mathieu Bodmer just inside the penalty area, span and hit a low shot that goalkeeper Cedric Carrasso got a hand on but could not keep out.
With nine matches remaining, Montpellier and PSG have 60 points, but Montpellier's goal difference is three better than PSG's. Lille is seven points behind them in third place.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24