Gerry Broome, Associated Press
RALEIGH, N.C. — Natalie Novosel scored 16 points and Notre Dame advanced to the Raleigh Regional final by routing St. Bonaventure 79-35 on Sunday in the semifinals.
Kalia Turner scored 14 points and Kayla McBride added 10 for the top-seeded Irish (33-3).
They shot 52.5 percent, never trailed and led by 45 before matching a 22-year-old record for scoring margin in the regional round while cruising into the finals for the second straight year.
Notre Dame will play second-seeded Maryland (31-4) on Tuesday night with a spot in the Final Four on the line.
CeCe Dixon had 13 points and Doris Ortega added 11 for the fifth-seeded Bonnies (31-4).
They shot a season-low 19 percent, allowed a season-high point total and finished with a season-worst 21 turnovers. Leading scorer Jessica Jenkins was scoreless — she entered averaging 14 points — and missed all six of her shots.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21