Paul Sakuma, Associated Press
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Michal Handzus and Ryane Clowe scored in the shootout, and Antti Niemi stopped both Phoenix attempts to lead the San Jose Sharks to a crucial 4-3 victory over the Coyotes on Saturday night.
Patrick Marleau, Brent Burns and Daniel Winnik scored in regulation for the Sharks, who have won back-to-back games after two crushing losses to Anaheim and Los Angeles to open the week. Niemi made 24 saves through overtime.
Daymond Langkow, Derek Morris and Lauri Korpikoski scored in regulation for the Coyotes, who failed in their attempt to win consecutive games for the first time this month. Mike Smith made 29 saves.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22