Eric Gay, Photo
HOUSTON — Dirk Nowitzki scored 31 points, Jason Terry added 24 and Brandan Wright had a career-high seven blocks to help the Dallas Mavericks beat the Houston Rockets 101-99 in overtime Saturday night.
Shawn Marion had 12 points and a season-high 15 rebounds for the Mavericks, who beat Houston for the fifth straight time.
Goran Dragic scored 24 points, and Luis Scola added 19 for the Rockets, who had all five starters in double figures.
The Mavericks came into the game with only a half-game lead over Houston, Utah and Denver in the tightly bunched Western Conference standings. The game had a playoff feel, with 17 lead changes, 15 ties and a louder-than-usual crowd with the in-state rival in town.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 65
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43