Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina State went from missing the NCAA tournament five straight years to coming within a shot or two of playing for a trip to the Final Four.
The Wolfpack (24-13) finished with the program's most wins in 24 years under first-year coach Mark Gottfried, who guided N.C. State to the NCAA tournament's round of 16 before losing to Kansas.
Gottfried said all year that the program has a long way to go, but his first season might have sped up expectations for the former Alabama coach to build an every-year contender in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
N.C. State sophomores C.J. Leslie and Lorenzo Brown thrived this season, though it's unclear whether Leslie will return or enter the NBA draft.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24