"With Fab Melo out, the Big East Defensive Player of the Year, obviously that's a big-time loss," said Sullinger, who was a first-team All-America as a freshman last season. "I've known Rakeem ever since we was young in AAU, so I know Rakeem likes to block shots, and he's physical. And Baye, he's a good shot blocker. So I just know it's going to be a very physical game. Whoever wins this game is going to be in the Final Four, so everybody is going to give it their all."
Ohio State is trying to get to the Final Four for the 10th time — 1999 was vacated for NCAA violations — with its last appearance in 2007.
Syracuse is looking for its fifth trip to the Final Four and first since the Orange won their only national championship in 2003, in New Orleans.
"These players, this is what they do. They want to play in this game. There shouldn't be any pressure. Just go out and play," Boeheim said. "If you're the best team, you win. ... You get to this level in this tournament, there's nobody that can't beat you. Nobody."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34