MINNEAPOLIS — The NCAA has granted injured Minnesota forward Trevor Mbakwe (ihm-BOCK-way) a sixth season of eligibility.
The Golden Gophers announced the decision on Friday. It's not known if Mbakwe will accept the season or turn pro.
The 6-foot-8 power forward missed almost the entire season with a torn ACL in his right knee. He was the Gophers leading scorer and rebounder when he went down in the seventh game, a loss to Dayton at a tournament in Florida in November.
Mbakwe has not decided if he will accept the sixth season. In a post on his Twitter account, he thanks everyone for their support and says he's "really happy about the NCAA decision to give me the option of having another year."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21