Tom Smart, Deseret News
In an interesting choice of words, Gayle Ruzicka's first public comment after learning Gov. Gary Herbert vetoed the sex-ed bill was, "We had 64 Republicans who voted for this bill, and we had one Republican who caved to the pressure."
My feeling is that she got the idea right but just backward. As it was, we had 64 Republicans thoroughly scared and intimidated by Gayle Ruzicka's pressure tactics while we had one brave governor who was willing to not cave and represent the will of the people. I say bravo to Herbert.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33