Tom Smart, Deseret News
In an interesting choice of words, Gayle Ruzicka's first public comment after learning Gov. Gary Herbert vetoed the sex-ed bill was, "We had 64 Republicans who voted for this bill, and we had one Republican who caved to the pressure."
My feeling is that she got the idea right but just backward. As it was, we had 64 Republicans thoroughly scared and intimidated by Gayle Ruzicka's pressure tactics while we had one brave governor who was willing to not cave and represent the will of the people. I say bravo to Herbert.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24