Tom Smart, Deseret News
In an interesting choice of words, Gayle Ruzicka's first public comment after learning Gov. Gary Herbert vetoed the sex-ed bill was, "We had 64 Republicans who voted for this bill, and we had one Republican who caved to the pressure."
My feeling is that she got the idea right but just backward. As it was, we had 64 Republicans thoroughly scared and intimidated by Gayle Ruzicka's pressure tactics while we had one brave governor who was willing to not cave and represent the will of the people. I say bravo to Herbert.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- Richard Davis: Airlines should do more for...
- Letters: Federal encroachment
- My view: People deserve rights at our borders
- Michael Gerson: Reinvigorating the GOP will...
- Letters: Ending debt
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons