Tom Smart, Deseret News
In an interesting choice of words, Gayle Ruzicka's first public comment after learning Gov. Gary Herbert vetoed the sex-ed bill was, "We had 64 Republicans who voted for this bill, and we had one Republican who caved to the pressure."
My feeling is that she got the idea right but just backward. As it was, we had 64 Republicans thoroughly scared and intimidated by Gayle Ruzicka's pressure tactics while we had one brave governor who was willing to not cave and represent the will of the people. I say bravo to Herbert.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 21
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol' 19