Tom Smart, Deseret News
In an interesting choice of words, Gayle Ruzicka's first public comment after learning Gov. Gary Herbert vetoed the sex-ed bill was, "We had 64 Republicans who voted for this bill, and we had one Republican who caved to the pressure."
My feeling is that she got the idea right but just backward. As it was, we had 64 Republicans thoroughly scared and intimidated by Gayle Ruzicka's pressure tactics while we had one brave governor who was willing to not cave and represent the will of the people. I say bravo to Herbert.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Letter: American billionaires
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- Letter: American billionaires 29
- President should not act without... 28