Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thank you for attending your caucus meetings this year. We had the best attendance we have ever had in Utah. For the first time, in a long time, delegates were chosen who truly represent their neighbors.
This should translate into elected officials who represent the people of Utah, not just the extreme right or extreme left of each party. Party leaders need to make sure these meetings are not too long. Public participation is vital and appreciated.
Other letters about Utah caucuses
- In our opinion: Don't make Hagel a scapegoat;...
- Michael Gerson: The big 'but' — Obama's...
- SNL takes on Obama's executive order
- Letter: New slavery
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- Kathleen Parker: True or not, Bill Cosby...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles and...
- Letter: Hooray for the initiative