Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thank you for attending your caucus meetings this year. We had the best attendance we have ever had in Utah. For the first time, in a long time, delegates were chosen who truly represent their neighbors.
This should translate into elected officials who represent the people of Utah, not just the extreme right or extreme left of each party. Party leaders need to make sure these meetings are not too long. Public participation is vital and appreciated.
Other letters about Utah caucuses
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Letter: Where's Al Gore?
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Letter: Floundering economy
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 36
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Letter: Where's Al Gore? 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32