Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thank you for attending your caucus meetings this year. We had the best attendance we have ever had in Utah. For the first time, in a long time, delegates were chosen who truly represent their neighbors.
This should translate into elected officials who represent the people of Utah, not just the extreme right or extreme left of each party. Party leaders need to make sure these meetings are not too long. Public participation is vital and appreciated.
Other letters about Utah caucuses
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29