Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thank you for attending your caucus meetings this year. We had the best attendance we have ever had in Utah. For the first time, in a long time, delegates were chosen who truly represent their neighbors.
This should translate into elected officials who represent the people of Utah, not just the extreme right or extreme left of each party. Party leaders need to make sure these meetings are not too long. Public participation is vital and appreciated.
Other letters about Utah caucuses
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 141
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25