Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thank you for attending your caucus meetings this year. We had the best attendance we have ever had in Utah. For the first time, in a long time, delegates were chosen who truly represent their neighbors.
This should translate into elected officials who represent the people of Utah, not just the extreme right or extreme left of each party. Party leaders need to make sure these meetings are not too long. Public participation is vital and appreciated.
Other letters about Utah caucuses
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 42
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31