Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Thank you for attending your caucus meetings this year. We had the best attendance we have ever had in Utah. For the first time, in a long time, delegates were chosen who truly represent their neighbors.
This should translate into elected officials who represent the people of Utah, not just the extreme right or extreme left of each party. Party leaders need to make sure these meetings are not too long. Public participation is vital and appreciated.
Other letters about Utah caucuses
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27