Former Ute, St. Louis Cardinal Larry Wilson to be honored in hometown
Deseret News archive
CANTON, Ohio — Former Utah Ute and pro football standout Larry Wilson will be recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Allstate Insurance Company in Rigby, Idaho on March 29, as part of "Hometown Hall of Famers," a national program honoring the hometown roots of the sport's greatest players with special ceremonies and plaque dedication events in local communities.
An eight-time Pro Bowl selection as free safety for the St. Louis Cardinals, Wilson will be presented with his "Hometown Hall of Famer" plaque.
Wilson played both offense and defense at Utah before he was drafted in the seventh round by the Cardinals. During his 13-year professional career, Wilson grabbed 52 interceptions and 14 fumble recoveries.
Wilson was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1978.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27