David J. Phillip, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Baylor vs. Xavier is more than an undercard to the highly anticipated Kentucky-Indiana rematch.
The Bears and Musketeers are building their own impressive resumes heading into their round of 16 matchup Friday night for a spot in Sunday's South Regional final.
Baylor, the No. 3 seed, is one win away from its second regional final in three years.
Xavier, the No. 10 seed, is playing in the round of 16 for the fourth time in five years. Only Kansas, Michigan State and North Carolina can share that claim.
So excuse Xavier's players for rolling their eyes Thursday when asked about being a mid-major school. And pardon Perry Jones III for pointing out that Baylor, like top-seeded Kentucky, is aiming for the national championship.
Kentucky meets Indiana in Friday's second game.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 36