David J. Phillip, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Baylor vs. Xavier is more than an undercard to the highly anticipated Kentucky-Indiana rematch.
The Bears and Musketeers are building their own impressive resumes heading into their round of 16 matchup Friday night for a spot in Sunday's South Regional final.
Baylor, the No. 3 seed, is one win away from its second regional final in three years.
Xavier, the No. 10 seed, is playing in the round of 16 for the fourth time in five years. Only Kansas, Michigan State and North Carolina can share that claim.
So excuse Xavier's players for rolling their eyes Thursday when asked about being a mid-major school. And pardon Perry Jones III for pointing out that Baylor, like top-seeded Kentucky, is aiming for the national championship.
Kentucky meets Indiana in Friday's second game.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6