College roundup: Kondo's nine strikeouts not enough in Utah's loss to Sacramento State
AsherSwan Daily News, All
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah baseball team dropped its home opener to Sacramento State, 6-2 on Wednesday evening.
The bright spot of the game for the Utes was reliever Kesley Kondo's nine strikeouts in five innings of work. He allowed just two hits.
KANSAS 11, SUU 10 (11 innings): At Lawrence, Kansas Ka'iana Eldredge hit the walk-off RBI single.
UTAH SWEEPS SUU: At Salt Lake City, junior shortstop Kelsi Hoopiiaina clubbed three home runs as the Utes won 8-3 and 18-2 (5 innings) in Utah's home opener.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 85
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32