College roundup: Kondo's nine strikeouts not enough in Utah's loss to Sacramento State
AsherSwan Daily News, All
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah baseball team dropped its home opener to Sacramento State, 6-2 on Wednesday evening.
The bright spot of the game for the Utes was reliever Kesley Kondo's nine strikeouts in five innings of work. He allowed just two hits.
KANSAS 11, SUU 10 (11 innings): At Lawrence, Kansas Ka'iana Eldredge hit the walk-off RBI single.
UTAH SWEEPS SUU: At Salt Lake City, junior shortstop Kelsi Hoopiiaina clubbed three home runs as the Utes won 8-3 and 18-2 (5 innings) in Utah's home opener.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25