College roundup: Kondo's nine strikeouts not enough in Utah's loss to Sacramento State
AsherSwan Daily News, All
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah baseball team dropped its home opener to Sacramento State, 6-2 on Wednesday evening.
The bright spot of the game for the Utes was reliever Kesley Kondo's nine strikeouts in five innings of work. He allowed just two hits.
KANSAS 11, SUU 10 (11 innings): At Lawrence, Kansas Ka'iana Eldredge hit the walk-off RBI single.
UTAH SWEEPS SUU: At Salt Lake City, junior shortstop Kelsi Hoopiiaina clubbed three home runs as the Utes won 8-3 and 18-2 (5 innings) in Utah's home opener.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25