College roundup: Kondo's nine strikeouts not enough in Utah's loss to Sacramento State
AsherSwan Daily News, All
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah baseball team dropped its home opener to Sacramento State, 6-2 on Wednesday evening.
The bright spot of the game for the Utes was reliever Kesley Kondo's nine strikeouts in five innings of work. He allowed just two hits.
KANSAS 11, SUU 10 (11 innings): At Lawrence, Kansas Ka'iana Eldredge hit the walk-off RBI single.
UTAH SWEEPS SUU: At Salt Lake City, junior shortstop Kelsi Hoopiiaina clubbed three home runs as the Utes won 8-3 and 18-2 (5 innings) in Utah's home opener.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19