BOISE — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Idaho Steelheads 6-1 Wednesday night in Boise.
The win gives Utah its largest margin of victory of the season as they finished the year 8-4-0-1 against their closest regional rival. Utah is 6-2 in their last eight games overall.
Utah led 1-0 after one period as C.J. Severyn buried a shot in the circle for his fifth goal of the year as Chris Donovan got him the puck.
The Grizzlies made it 2-0 in the second on a Ryan Watson power-play goal. That was followed by Gaelan Patterson's first goal in his first game with Utah after being assigned by Calgary 2:06 later at 11:24 of the period.
Utah added to a 3-1 lead at the start of the third period on back-to-back goals by Colin Vock in the first 5:56 as he buried two scores in a 4:52 span.
Kory Falite made it 6-1 as he took Mitch Wahl's second assist of the period and turned it into a goal with 39 seconds left.
Andrew Engelage earned his 23rd win of the year by stopping 23 of 24 shots. Ten of Utah's 16 skaters scored in the game. Josh Burrows and Ryan Turek led Utah, each had a plus-four.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20