BOISE — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Idaho Steelheads 6-1 Wednesday night in Boise.
The win gives Utah its largest margin of victory of the season as they finished the year 8-4-0-1 against their closest regional rival. Utah is 6-2 in their last eight games overall.
Utah led 1-0 after one period as C.J. Severyn buried a shot in the circle for his fifth goal of the year as Chris Donovan got him the puck.
The Grizzlies made it 2-0 in the second on a Ryan Watson power-play goal. That was followed by Gaelan Patterson's first goal in his first game with Utah after being assigned by Calgary 2:06 later at 11:24 of the period.
Utah added to a 3-1 lead at the start of the third period on back-to-back goals by Colin Vock in the first 5:56 as he buried two scores in a 4:52 span.
Kory Falite made it 6-1 as he took Mitch Wahl's second assist of the period and turned it into a goal with 39 seconds left.
Andrew Engelage earned his 23rd win of the year by stopping 23 of 24 shots. Ten of Utah's 16 skaters scored in the game. Josh Burrows and Ryan Turek led Utah, each had a plus-four.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16