BOISE — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Idaho Steelheads 6-1 Wednesday night in Boise.
The win gives Utah its largest margin of victory of the season as they finished the year 8-4-0-1 against their closest regional rival. Utah is 6-2 in their last eight games overall.
Utah led 1-0 after one period as C.J. Severyn buried a shot in the circle for his fifth goal of the year as Chris Donovan got him the puck.
The Grizzlies made it 2-0 in the second on a Ryan Watson power-play goal. That was followed by Gaelan Patterson's first goal in his first game with Utah after being assigned by Calgary 2:06 later at 11:24 of the period.
Utah added to a 3-1 lead at the start of the third period on back-to-back goals by Colin Vock in the first 5:56 as he buried two scores in a 4:52 span.
Kory Falite made it 6-1 as he took Mitch Wahl's second assist of the period and turned it into a goal with 39 seconds left.
Andrew Engelage earned his 23rd win of the year by stopping 23 of 24 shots. Ten of Utah's 16 skaters scored in the game. Josh Burrows and Ryan Turek led Utah, each had a plus-four.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34