Andre Penner, Associated Press
SAO PAULO — Corinthians has moved into top spot in Group 6 of the Copa Libertadores with a 1-0 win over Mexico's Cruz Azul.
Two-time champion Internacional needed a late goal to salvage a 1-1 draw with The Strongest in Bolivia, while fellow Brazilian club Vasco da Gama defeated Libertad of Paraguay 2-0 at Rio de Janeiro in other matches Wednesday.
Midfielder Danilo scored the winner for Corinthians with a header in the 36th minute, giving the Brazilian champion eight points from four matches, one clear of Cruz Azul. Nacional of Paraguay and Deportivo Tachira of Venezuela will play their fourth-round match next week.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20