In many cases, those who battle mental illness are left to do it alone. They don't know why they're feeling depressed or anxious, oftentimes don't know what to do and, consequently, don't get the diagnosis and treatment they need — including counseling and maybe even medication. Basically, they don't get support — and that means suffering in silence.
Such disorders are a real concern, so, on our Mormon Times TV show this Sunday, we'll focus on a young adult who has struggled with this problem, without really knowing it. She'll share how social anxiety and depression have plagued her church activity and how she's now able to move forward with her life after seeking help. We'll also have psychologist Wendy Ulrich on the show to help us better understand and deal with the issue.
And we take our cameras onto Temple Square to pose the question, "Given the chance, what life advice would you offer your 21-year-old self?" It's a thought-provoking question, and several of you gave us some great answers you won't want to miss.
With general conference just around the corner, you may be up for new ways to prepare your minds, hearts and families. Educator/author Anthony Sweat will give us some ideas on helping our teenagers — and ourselves — better concentrate while watching the sessions. And you'll see how you can create some fun family traditions around the upcoming conference weekend.
Plus you'll love meeting a spunky Canadian great-grandmother who quietly goes about doing good works, while her knitting needles work overtime!
The "Mormon Times" television show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/Mormon TimesTV and join in the conversation. We're always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you'd like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
Michelle King is the host of "Mormon Times TV," which airs Sundays at 10 a.m. on KSL.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 64
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 8
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3