It seems the Deseret News editorial board is applying a double standard when it comes to Coach Louis Wong, Timpview High School's coach, who has been suspended. The editorial board wrote regarding this emotionally charged issue, "facts must trump emotions in a nation governed by laws" ("Timpview ruckus," March 20).
I agree. But curious? When it comes to immigrants who have entered our country illegally, it seems to me that the Deseret News editorial board's position is that emotions must trump laws in a nation governed by feelings. Its strange to me how we apply the law so differently.
Glen P. Davis
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: No welfare, ever 81
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21