It seems the Deseret News editorial board is applying a double standard when it comes to Coach Louis Wong, Timpview High School's coach, who has been suspended. The editorial board wrote regarding this emotionally charged issue, "facts must trump emotions in a nation governed by laws" ("Timpview ruckus," March 20).
I agree. But curious? When it comes to immigrants who have entered our country illegally, it seems to me that the Deseret News editorial board's position is that emotions must trump laws in a nation governed by feelings. Its strange to me how we apply the law so differently.
Glen P. Davis
- Peter Morici: UK should leave the EU
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- Letter: No mandate
- Richard Davis: Is this election 1964...
- A. Scott Anderson: Young entrepreneurs show...
- Letter: Consumer contracts
- My view: Fossil fuels, hypocrisy and moral...
- Natalie Gochnour: Count My Vote victories