It seems the Deseret News editorial board is applying a double standard when it comes to Coach Louis Wong, Timpview High School's coach, who has been suspended. The editorial board wrote regarding this emotionally charged issue, "facts must trump emotions in a nation governed by laws" ("Timpview ruckus," March 20).
I agree. But curious? When it comes to immigrants who have entered our country illegally, it seems to me that the Deseret News editorial board's position is that emotions must trump laws in a nation governed by feelings. Its strange to me how we apply the law so differently.
Glen P. Davis
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19