It seems the Deseret News editorial board is applying a double standard when it comes to Coach Louis Wong, Timpview High School's coach, who has been suspended. The editorial board wrote regarding this emotionally charged issue, "facts must trump emotions in a nation governed by laws" ("Timpview ruckus," March 20).
I agree. But curious? When it comes to immigrants who have entered our country illegally, it seems to me that the Deseret News editorial board's position is that emotions must trump laws in a nation governed by feelings. Its strange to me how we apply the law so differently.
Glen P. Davis
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 24
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 17