It seems the Deseret News editorial board is applying a double standard when it comes to Coach Louis Wong, Timpview High School's coach, who has been suspended. The editorial board wrote regarding this emotionally charged issue, "facts must trump emotions in a nation governed by laws" ("Timpview ruckus," March 20).
I agree. But curious? When it comes to immigrants who have entered our country illegally, it seems to me that the Deseret News editorial board's position is that emotions must trump laws in a nation governed by feelings. Its strange to me how we apply the law so differently.
Glen P. Davis
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Letter: My sons
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- Letter: Moral decline 84
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 51
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 41
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40