Laura Seitz, Deseret News
People have sharply criticized outside group Freedom Works coming in to oppose Sen. Orrin Hatch. But what about other groups, such as Freedom Path and American Action Network, that have come in to try to destroy Dan Liljenquist, Hatch's main Republican opponent?
Is this the kind of "clout" that we're trying to preserve in Washington — the ability to smear and crush any bright newcomer who poses a threat to Hatch's long-held power? Hatch might not directly control these attack groups, but he has powerful friends who do.
If the delegates truly believe that the power belongs with the people, not the politicians, I hope they'll listen with an open mind to Liljenquist and Chris Herrod.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23