Julie Jacobson, File, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Tim Tebow has been traded to the Jets.
The team said Wednesday it has acquired the polarizing quarterback from the Broncos. Denver general manager Brian Xanders says the Broncos will receive fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, while New York gets a seventh-rounder — all in 2012.
The trade first was reported by Fox Sports.
Denver started shopping Tebow after signing Peyton Manning.
Tebow is expected to complement starter Mark Sanchez, who received a $40.5 million contract extension, with $20.5 million guaranteed, earlier this month. The Jets also had pursued Manning.
Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs last season — along the way beating Sanchez and the Jets, who missed the postseason. But Denver executive John Elway believed Manning gave the team a better chance at winning a championship now.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17