Julie Jacobson, File, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Tim Tebow has been traded to the Jets.
The team said Wednesday it has acquired the polarizing quarterback from the Broncos. Denver general manager Brian Xanders says the Broncos will receive fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, while New York gets a seventh-rounder — all in 2012.
The trade first was reported by Fox Sports.
Denver started shopping Tebow after signing Peyton Manning.
Tebow is expected to complement starter Mark Sanchez, who received a $40.5 million contract extension, with $20.5 million guaranteed, earlier this month. The Jets also had pursued Manning.
Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs last season — along the way beating Sanchez and the Jets, who missed the postseason. But Denver executive John Elway believed Manning gave the team a better chance at winning a championship now.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20