Julie Jacobson, File, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Tim Tebow has been traded to the Jets.
The team said Wednesday it has acquired the polarizing quarterback from the Broncos. Denver general manager Brian Xanders says the Broncos will receive fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, while New York gets a seventh-rounder — all in 2012.
The trade first was reported by Fox Sports.
Denver started shopping Tebow after signing Peyton Manning.
Tebow is expected to complement starter Mark Sanchez, who received a $40.5 million contract extension, with $20.5 million guaranteed, earlier this month. The Jets also had pursued Manning.
Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs last season — along the way beating Sanchez and the Jets, who missed the postseason. But Denver executive John Elway believed Manning gave the team a better chance at winning a championship now.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32