Thibault Camus, Associated Press
PARIS — A package bomb exploded at the Indonesian Embassy in Paris on Wednesday, causing minor damage but no injuries, police and Indonesia's foreign minister said.
A Paris police official said an employee at the embassy discovered a suspicious package and stepped back in time before exploded. There was minor damage to a window but no injuries, the official said.
The official was not authorized to be publicly named according to Paris police policy.
The source of the package is not immediately clear.
Police are on site at the embassy in an elegant neighborhood of western Paris.
"We are obviously deeply concerned by the explosive explosion in Paris which occurred earlier this morning at approximately 5:15 a.m. at our facility in our embassy in Paris. We're yet to ascertain whether the explosion actually directed against Indonesia embassy or whether by coincidence it was located or took place by the embassy," Indonesia's Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa said.
Natalegawa said there were no injuries in the attack but a window was broken.
Asked whether the embassy would be closed, the minister said the embassy would remain vigilant but the bomb wouldn't "deter us from going on with the business of our activities."
He said it was too early to say whether there was any link between Wednesday's mail bomb and an attack on a Jewish school in southern France earlier this week that left three children and a rabbi dead.
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 14