Danny Johnston, Associated Press
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Angel Goodrich scored 27 points to lead 11th-seeded Kansas past third-seeded Delaware and the nation's leading scorer, Elena Delle Donne, with a 70-64 win Tuesday night.
The win moves the Jayhawks (21-12) to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998.
They did so by rallying in the second half behind Goodrich, who fell one short of her career high in scorings. The junior was 12 of 21 from the field, 3 of 6 on 3-pointers, and also added six assists.
Aishah Sutherland added 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Chelsea Gardner had 10 points for Kansas.
Delle Donne finished with 34 points for the Blue Hens (31-2), who had their 21-game winning streak snapped.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25