Danny Johnston, Associated Press
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Angel Goodrich scored 27 points to lead 11th-seeded Kansas past third-seeded Delaware and the nation's leading scorer, Elena Delle Donne, with a 70-64 win Tuesday night.
The win moves the Jayhawks (21-12) to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998.
They did so by rallying in the second half behind Goodrich, who fell one short of her career high in scorings. The junior was 12 of 21 from the field, 3 of 6 on 3-pointers, and also added six assists.
Aishah Sutherland added 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Chelsea Gardner had 10 points for Kansas.
Delle Donne finished with 34 points for the Blue Hens (31-2), who had their 21-game winning streak snapped.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13