Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Markeshia Grant scored 21 points, Ieasia Walker added 17 and fifth-seeded South Carolina beat No. 4 seed Purdue 72-61 in the second round of the NCAA women's tourney on Monday night.
The Gamecocks (25-9) will face top-seeded Stanford in the regional semifinals on Saturday in Fresno, Calif.
Brittany Rayburn scored 13 in her final game at Purdue (25-9). She finished her career with 1,795 points, good for No. 6 in school history. KK Houser led the Boilermakers with 15.
But Rayburn and her teammates never quite figured out South Carolina's defense, which forced 20 turnovers.
Purdue closed to 53-46 midway through the second half, but the Gamecocks thwarted the comeback with six straight points. Purdue never got closer than eight again.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28