Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Markeshia Grant scored 21 points, Ieasia Walker added 17 and fifth-seeded South Carolina beat No. 4 seed Purdue 72-61 in the second round of the NCAA women's tourney on Monday night.
The Gamecocks (25-9) will face top-seeded Stanford in the regional semifinals on Saturday in Fresno, Calif.
Brittany Rayburn scored 13 in her final game at Purdue (25-9). She finished her career with 1,795 points, good for No. 6 in school history. KK Houser led the Boilermakers with 15.
But Rayburn and her teammates never quite figured out South Carolina's defense, which forced 20 turnovers.
Purdue closed to 53-46 midway through the second half, but the Gamecocks thwarted the comeback with six straight points. Purdue never got closer than eight again.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22