DENVER — Linebacker Joe Mays was excited to get a three-year, $12 million deal to stay in Denver. After hearing Peyton Manning had chosen the Broncos over other suitors Monday, he was even more thrilled.
Mays canceled a trip to visit with the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday after visiting with the New Orleans Saints. He said he'll sign the contract, which includes $4 million in guarantees, on Monday.
Mays flew back to Denver on Monday and said he was overjoyed when he heard Manning had chosen Denver as his next destination, saying the four-time MVP "just has the 'it' factor when it comes to winning games."
Mays has started 17 games since arriving in Denver from Philadelphia in 2010. He had 75 tackles and 12 starts last season.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34