DENVER — Linebacker Joe Mays was excited to get a three-year, $12 million deal to stay in Denver. After hearing Peyton Manning had chosen the Broncos over other suitors Monday, he was even more thrilled.
Mays canceled a trip to visit with the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday after visiting with the New Orleans Saints. He said he'll sign the contract, which includes $4 million in guarantees, on Monday.
Mays flew back to Denver on Monday and said he was overjoyed when he heard Manning had chosen Denver as his next destination, saying the four-time MVP "just has the 'it' factor when it comes to winning games."
Mays has started 17 games since arriving in Denver from Philadelphia in 2010. He had 75 tackles and 12 starts last season.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 59
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 39
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34