DENVER — Linebacker Joe Mays was excited to get a three-year, $12 million deal to stay in Denver. After hearing Peyton Manning had chosen the Broncos over other suitors Monday, he was even more thrilled.
Mays canceled a trip to visit with the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday after visiting with the New Orleans Saints. He said he'll sign the contract, which includes $4 million in guarantees, on Monday.
Mays flew back to Denver on Monday and said he was overjoyed when he heard Manning had chosen Denver as his next destination, saying the four-time MVP "just has the 'it' factor when it comes to winning games."
Mays has started 17 games since arriving in Denver from Philadelphia in 2010. He had 75 tackles and 12 starts last season.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 10
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7