The next tier of suites includes separate living areas and bedrooms, renting for $600 to $800 on the weekend. The two presidential suites on the 44th floor are for the highest of high-rollers, but even then, DeSanctis says, the idea is to rent them rather than hand them out for free. If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
A year-round indoor-outdoor pool will be heated (in the 80s) and offer a swim-through door to the outside, even in the dead of winter. For less adventurous souls, there are outdoor fire pits and tons of couches, seats and other comfy places to just plop down, read a book, sip a drink or just vegetate for a while.
Revel's restaurants include three from Jose Garces, a former "Iron Chef" TV show winner, including Amada, a tapas bar; Village Whiskey, and Distrito Cantina, a margarita bar and Mexican street food eatery shaped like a taco truck. Marc Forgione offers the American Cut steakhouse, Robert Wiedmaier has Mussel Bar, a gastro-pub inspired by an old-world Belgian roadhouse (ceiling-suspended motorcycle included), and Alain Allegretti offers Azure, a fine-dining French and Italian-inspired restaurant.
Other eateries include Lugo, a brasserie, three restaurants by Michel Richard: Central Michael Richard, a modern bistro; O Bistro and Wine Bar; and the tentatively titled Breakfast Room, a seated a la carte and grab-and-go spot.
For pampering purposes, Revel offers a 31,000 square-foot, 32-room spa to be renamed later, but which currently goes by the name MindBodySpa by Exhale. It offers hydrating facials, therapeutic massages and body-slimming services. The spa has men's and women's'-only sides, with a co-ed common bath house area. There, guests will find a salt grotto, a room made entirely out of Himalayan salt bricks.
Uncommon touches include CoreFusion and yoga classes, a fully equipped gym offering SurfSET classes, a kind of aerobic surfing-based indoor workout, and features like "barre-to-bar," where a ballet-based fitness class flows seamlessly into happy hour.
Revel is also home to Ivan Kane's Royal Jelly burlesque club, blending live rock'n'roll with a modern take on traditional burlesque. Even the casino floor gets a little naughty; the "DigiPit" has electronic gambling tables set around a cross-shaped illuminated runaway with stripper poles at each end; dancers can drop down from the ceiling to further distract you from splitting those aces or realizing it's not a great idea to take a hit on 18.
Revel will open at sunrise on April 2 with a champagne toast for a two-month "preview" period, with a full-blown grand opening over Memorial Day weekend. Reservations can be made at (855) 348-0500 or online at www.revelresorts.com
Wayne Parry can be reached at http://twitter.com/WayneParryAC
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in 2015...
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will...
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Looking to win a battle in the 16th century?...
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians
- Former baseball star Mariano Rivera rescues,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 22
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 20
- Thousands march in pro-invasion rally... 11
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 10
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10