AUSTIN, Texas — A person familiar with the decision says Texas women's basketball coach Gail Goestenkors is resigning after four seasons of not making it past the first round of the NCAA tournament.
The person spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the school had not announced the decision. The school scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon.
Goestenkors is in the fifth year of a seven-year contract that pays her $1.25 million per year.
Texas finished 18-14 this season and was 8-10 in the Big 12. The Longhorns barely made the tournament this season as at-large selection and lost to West Virginia in the first round.
Texas hasn't advanced past the first round since 2008, Goestenkors' first season. Her last day is Friday.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26