AUSTIN, Texas — A person familiar with the decision says Texas women's basketball coach Gail Goestenkors is resigning after four seasons of not making it past the first round of the NCAA tournament.
The person spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the school had not announced the decision. The school scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon.
Goestenkors is in the fifth year of a seven-year contract that pays her $1.25 million per year.
Texas finished 18-14 this season and was 8-10 in the Big 12. The Longhorns barely made the tournament this season as at-large selection and lost to West Virginia in the first round.
Texas hasn't advanced past the first round since 2008, Goestenkors' first season. Her last day is Friday.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43