AUSTIN, Texas — A person familiar with the decision says Texas women's basketball coach Gail Goestenkors is resigning after four seasons of not making it past the first round of the NCAA tournament.
The person spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the school had not announced the decision. The school scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon.
Goestenkors is in the fifth year of a seven-year contract that pays her $1.25 million per year.
Texas finished 18-14 this season and was 8-10 in the Big 12. The Longhorns barely made the tournament this season as at-large selection and lost to West Virginia in the first round.
Texas hasn't advanced past the first round since 2008, Goestenkors' first season. Her last day is Friday.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20