AUSTIN, Texas — A person familiar with the decision says Texas women's basketball coach Gail Goestenkors is resigning after four seasons of not making it past the first round of the NCAA tournament.
The person spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the school had not announced the decision. The school scheduled a news conference for Monday afternoon.
Goestenkors is in the fifth year of a seven-year contract that pays her $1.25 million per year.
Texas finished 18-14 this season and was 8-10 in the Big 12. The Longhorns barely made the tournament this season as at-large selection and lost to West Virginia in the first round.
Texas hasn't advanced past the first round since 2008, Goestenkors' first season. Her last day is Friday.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 82
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20