LOS ANGELES _ When its star meatball gets pregnant, another season is inevitable: "Jersey Shore" will get a sixth season, MTV announced Monday.
The housemates have gone places such as South Beach and Italy, have been punched in the face and have revealed their private bits to just about everyone. But could a sixth season present a more mature group of roommates? Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is engaged and has a meatball in the oven (due in the fall) and Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio will have a spin-off under his belt _ "The Pauly D Project," set to premiere March 29 _ by the time production starts.
Who are we kidding? If anything, the pickle consumption might increase exponentially for pregnant Snooki.
The question is, are fans tiring of the ultra-tan stars and their wild, yet not-so-shocking antics? The fifth season, which wrapped last week, saw ratings dip nearly every week. The finale brought in just under 5 million viewers. That was down from the Italy-set fourth-season finale, which delivered 6.6 million viewers _ itself down 13 percent from the previous season.
Production for Season 6 is set to begin this summer in Seaside Heights, N.J.
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Ferguson protesters across US peaceful,...
- Steven Powell ordered to serve more jail time...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- These two things are helping California's...
- UC students walk out to protest tuition hikes
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13