Charles Rex Arbogast, Associated Press
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Cal corrals rebounds at a dizzying rate and Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw says watching the Golden Bears under the basket is pretty scary.
The top-seeded Irish will need everyone to pitch in on the boards Tuesday when they face California in the second round of the Raleigh Regional.
No. 8 seed Cal had 19 offensive rebounds leading to 20 second-chance points in a 84-74 win over Iowa over the weekend. The Bears' biggest obstacle could be handling the Irish on their home floor where the crowd helped Notre Dame start their lopsided 31-point win over Liberty with 11 straight points.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 44