CHICAGO — Mitt Romney says President Barack Obama is attacking economic freedom in America.
Romney, the front-runner in the Republican presidential race, on Monday blamed Obama's economic policies for a "tepid" recovery. Romney outlined a plan for less government regulation and lower taxes to speed things up.
Romney focused on Obama and his own plan to expand economic freedom in a speech at the University of Chicago, a day before Illinois holds the GOP's latest high-profile presidential primary. Obama was a lecturer at the same college for more than a decade.
Romney says Obama's "assault on our economic freedom" would have stifled famous inventers like Steve Jobs and the Wright Brothers.
Romney didn't offer many specifics in his speech for how he'd change things.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Tunisian president declares state of...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 52
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 15
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12