SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah gymnastics team will compete in the inaugural Pac-12 Gymnastics Championships on Saturday as the No. 2 seed.
The Red Rocks are also the hosts for the meet, which will be broken up into two sessions of four teams each. The first session at the Huntsman Center starts at 2 p.m. (MT), followed by evening session at 7 p.m., where Utah is scheduled to compete. Tickets are available at UtahUtes.com and 801-581-UTIX.
The seedings are based on regional qualifying score (RQS). Six of the eight teams competing in the championships are ranked in the top 25 in the nation and all four of the teams in the late session are ranked in the top 11: No. 4 UCLA, No. 7 Utah, No. 8 Oregon State and No. 11 Stanford. Competing in the 2 p.m. session will be No. 17 Arizona, No. 22 Washington, Arizona State and California.
The eight teams will practice in the Huntsman Center on Friday and the public is invited to attend with free admission. Arizona, Washington, ASU and Cal will practice from 1-2:40 p.m. The host Utes, along with UCLA, Oregon State and Stanford will practice from 3-4:40 p.m.
Session I, 2 p.m.
Seed Team RQS
5 Arizona 195.870
6 Washington 195.595
7 Arizona State 195.145
8 California 193.070
Session II, 7 p.m.
1 UCLA 197.140
2 Utah 196.705
3 Oregon State 196.550
4 Stanford 196.315
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24