STOCKTON, Calif. — The Stockton Thunder defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-2 Sunday afternoon.
The Grizzlies got off to an early start, scoring two goals in a 3:20 span in the first 6:30 of the game. Mitch Wahl and Paul McIlveen worked the puck to an open Kory Falite (9) on a five-on-three power-play to give Utah a 1-0 lead.
Utah made it 2-0 as Colin Vock and C.J. Severyn worked the puck to John Armstrong (6) on a short breakaway and Utah was up 2-0. The Thunder came back with two goals in 58 seconds to tie the contest at two at 12:05 and 13:03 of the first period.
Stockton made it 3-2 3:13 into the second period and 4-2 4:44 into the third period and that would be the final.
The Grizzlies outshot Stockton 18-9 in the third period, but were unable to get anything additional past Stockton goaltender and Edmonton Oilers prospect Olivier Roy who was playing in his first game since returning from Oklahoma City of the AHL. He stopped 38 of 40 shots in the contest.
Utah completes their five-game road stretch Wednesday in Boise against the Idaho Steelheads. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Grizzlies return home to host Colorado Friday and Saturday, March 23 and 24 with Colorado for the final home games of the regular season and Anti-Tobacco Weekend. Want FREE tickets to the final weekend? Visit the Tobacco Free Utah Facebook page and share your story about quitting tobacco. Participants will have a chance to win free tickets to the games.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22