STOCKTON, Calif. — The Stockton Thunder defeated the Utah Grizzlies 4-2 Sunday afternoon.
The Grizzlies got off to an early start, scoring two goals in a 3:20 span in the first 6:30 of the game. Mitch Wahl and Paul McIlveen worked the puck to an open Kory Falite (9) on a five-on-three power-play to give Utah a 1-0 lead.
Utah made it 2-0 as Colin Vock and C.J. Severyn worked the puck to John Armstrong (6) on a short breakaway and Utah was up 2-0. The Thunder came back with two goals in 58 seconds to tie the contest at two at 12:05 and 13:03 of the first period.
Stockton made it 3-2 3:13 into the second period and 4-2 4:44 into the third period and that would be the final.
The Grizzlies outshot Stockton 18-9 in the third period, but were unable to get anything additional past Stockton goaltender and Edmonton Oilers prospect Olivier Roy who was playing in his first game since returning from Oklahoma City of the AHL. He stopped 38 of 40 shots in the contest.
Utah completes their five-game road stretch Wednesday in Boise against the Idaho Steelheads. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Grizzlies return home to host Colorado Friday and Saturday, March 23 and 24 with Colorado for the final home games of the regular season and Anti-Tobacco Weekend. Want FREE tickets to the final weekend? Visit the Tobacco Free Utah Facebook page and share your story about quitting tobacco. Participants will have a chance to win free tickets to the games.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22