Donn Jones, Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Walter Offutt scored 21 points, D.J. Cooper had 19 and No. 13 seed Ohio beat South Florida 62-56 on Sunday night to advance to the NCAA tournament's Midwest Regional semifinals.
The Bobcats (29-7) will play No. 1 seed North Carolina in their second trip to the regional semifinals.
Ohio trailed by two when Offutt swished a 3-pointer, launching a 10-0 run for the Bobcats. A pair of free throws by Cooper made it 54-46 with 3:28 left.
The Bobcats had a 59-53 lead when Toarlyn Fitzpatrick connected for South Florida's first 3-pointer of the half. But Cooper went 3 for 4 from the line while the Bulls missed three shots in the final 36 seconds.
Victor Rudd Jr. and Anthony Collins both scored 13 points for the Bulls (22-14).
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 39
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30