LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Elena Delle Donne had 39 points and 11 rebounds to lift third-seeded Delaware to a 73-42 win over 14th-seeded Arkansas-Little Rock in the Little Rock Regional.
The Blue Hens (31-1) earned their first victory in three NCAA tournament appearances and ran their winning streak to 21 in a row.
Delle Donne, the nation's leading scorer at 27.5 points per game, was making her first NCAA appearance after leading Delaware to the WNIT the past two seasons. The junior didn't disappoint, collecting 20 points and nine rebounds in the first half and helping the Blue Hens pull away in the second.
Marian Kursh had 12 points for the Trojans (20-13), who were making their third straight NCAA appearance.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21