The News & Observer, Travis Long, Associated Press
Titans general manager Ruston Webster says that Peyton Manning has worked out for the team in Knoxville.
Webster said in a statement released by the team that Saturday morning "we traveled to Knoxville and had a workout with Peyton."
The GM says thought Manning "looked comfortable throwing the ball and we had a good visit." Webster called it "another important step in the process."
The Titans are a finalist in the Manning sweepstakes as this year's top free agent apparently is now considering Tennessee, Denver and San Francisco.
The quarterback worked out at Duke for the Broncos on Friday and the 49ers on Tuesday night. He has been rehabbing in North Carolina after a string of neck surgeries.
Manning spent eight hours meeting with Tennessee executives in Nashville on Wednesday.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48