Kansas proved to be the answer.
Robinson bullied his way to 16 points and 13 rebounds as the Jayhawks rolled to a 65-50 win in the Midwest Regional, restoring a bit of order to a wild day of upsets.
"I didn't make a point of it because sometimes you make a point, it could add pressure, saying it's possible. But I did say, 'Hey, the one thing is we have to make sure Detroit doesn't play well," Kansas coach Bill Self said, when asked of the earlier upsets.
"When teams get comfortable anything can happen."
After the first 15 minutes, Detroit never looked comfortable.
Doug Anderson led the Titans with 15 points before fouling out with 11:06 left. McCallum added eight points on 4-for-15 shooting.
"I'm really proud of my guys," said McCallum's father, Detroit coach Ray McCallum. "We played one of the truly great teams in the country tonight, and that really, pretty much tells the story."
Earlier in the day, Bradley Beal had 14 points and 11 rebounds and reserve forward Casey Prather had a career-high 14 points in No. 7 seed Florida's 71-45 rout of Virginia.
Prather had played more than 10 minutes in a game just twice since mid-December and hadn't scored more than six points in any previous game this season.
"He gave them a great lift," Virginia coach Tony Bennett said. "When you look at someone off the bench to give you a spark — I don't want to say you weren't counting on him, but that is a pleasant surprise, and he was that for them."
In the other game in Omaha, Lewis Jackson's go-ahead free throws with 22.8 seconds left let Purdue escape with a 72-69 victory over No. 7 seed Saint Mary's.
The Boilermakers blew an 11-point lead in the closing minutes before hanging on.
"This game could have gone either way," Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "It was a coin-flip the last minute. We made our free throws, they missed an open shot, so we advance."
Just like Kansas, Florida and — yes, indeed — Norfolk State.
AP Sports Writer Eric Olson contributed to this report.
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Whittingham dishes on stadium expansion,...
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes' most...
- Rock On: Jazz hire a film classic (sort of)
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 76
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 64
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 41
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 30
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 18