Kansas proved to be the answer.
Robinson bullied his way to 16 points and 13 rebounds as the Jayhawks rolled to a 65-50 win in the Midwest Regional, restoring a bit of order to a wild day of upsets.
"I didn't make a point of it because sometimes you make a point, it could add pressure, saying it's possible. But I did say, 'Hey, the one thing is we have to make sure Detroit doesn't play well," Kansas coach Bill Self said, when asked of the earlier upsets.
"When teams get comfortable anything can happen."
After the first 15 minutes, Detroit never looked comfortable.
Doug Anderson led the Titans with 15 points before fouling out with 11:06 left. McCallum added eight points on 4-for-15 shooting.
"I'm really proud of my guys," said McCallum's father, Detroit coach Ray McCallum. "We played one of the truly great teams in the country tonight, and that really, pretty much tells the story."
Earlier in the day, Bradley Beal had 14 points and 11 rebounds and reserve forward Casey Prather had a career-high 14 points in No. 7 seed Florida's 71-45 rout of Virginia.
Prather had played more than 10 minutes in a game just twice since mid-December and hadn't scored more than six points in any previous game this season.
"He gave them a great lift," Virginia coach Tony Bennett said. "When you look at someone off the bench to give you a spark — I don't want to say you weren't counting on him, but that is a pleasant surprise, and he was that for them."
In the other game in Omaha, Lewis Jackson's go-ahead free throws with 22.8 seconds left let Purdue escape with a 72-69 victory over No. 7 seed Saint Mary's.
The Boilermakers blew an 11-point lead in the closing minutes before hanging on.
"This game could have gone either way," Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "It was a coin-flip the last minute. We made our free throws, they missed an open shot, so we advance."
Just like Kansas, Florida and — yes, indeed — Norfolk State.
AP Sports Writer Eric Olson contributed to this report.
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Morning links: National college... 68
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 49
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 40