Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Hats off to all of the downtown City Creek construction workers. Well done.
For the majority of the past decade, they have labored diligently, meticulously and selflessly. They have been polite to those passing by, kept the site fastidiously clean, toiled in conditions and elements that are challenging and left Salt Lake City with a new heart of downtown that will make current residents and future generations happy and proud.
It's simply a Herculean task to build a mega-project in the middle of downtown with all of its demands, distractions and expectations. There were always ample opportunities wherein workers could have been rude, surly or indifferent to pedestrians and motorists. Never once in the midst of my daily downtown activity and commuting over the past several years did I ever witness a worker who would not have made any employer proud.
Thanks again to the thousands of City Creek construction workers who truly have made a difference and created a lasting legacy. You have left a bit of magic.
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Letter: Let feds take over