Just another example of why O'Connor and the Jazz are optimistic about the future. The GM wouldn't say if other teams came asking for any of those four potential-packed guys, but he did reconfirm that the group gives reason for hope.
"We like our young assets," he said, "and we weren't ready to part with that."
O'Connor also echoed a theory of Corbin's — that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to playing time.
"It's important every year to get into the playoffs," O'Connor said. "The thing that I think is a key for us — and we said it from the beginning — is to play meaningful games. … The intensity picks up, the quality of play picks up and those are the things that you get improvement on with your players."
It doesn't hurt that Corbin — and their older teammates — actually like the Junior Jazz members, too.
Added Corbin: "It's a great group of guys that continue to work to get better."
For now, that's all the Jazz can ask — for those players and the team.
"I'm comfortable with where we're at, but you're never happy. You shouldn't be," O'Connor said. "You shouldn't be happy in any situation. There's room for improvement."
Overall, Jazz brass are happy with the amount of winning and developing that's gone on this season.
"We're incorporating trying to play some of the younger players and also being able to try and compete to win the game," O'Connor said. "He's been able to handle that pretty darn well, and they've earned those minutes."
Warriors at Jazz
Today, 7 p.m.
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 20
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8