Nati Harnik, Associated Press
OMAHA, Neb. — Kyle O'Quinn had 26 points and 14 rebounds, making several big plays in the closing minutes to help No. 15 seed Norfolk State stun second-seeded Missouri 86-84 on Friday in the West Regional.
Pendarvis Williams and Chris McEachin each added 20 points for the MEAC champion Spartans (26-9), who made their first trip to the NCAA tournament a memorable one.
They became the fifth No. 15 seed to topple a No. 2 and the first since fellow conference member Hampton knocked off Iowa State in 2001.
O'Quinn had a chance to put the game away when he went to the foul line with 3.8 seconds to go, but the 70 percent free throw shooter missed both.
Missouri called a timeout with 2.9 seconds to go and got the ball in the hands of Phil Pressey, but his long 3-pointer from the wing bounced off the back iron as the final buzzer sounded.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26