A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Young Women General Meeting:
Young Women General Meeting:> March 24, 6 p.m. EDT (see www.lds.org for broadcast information)
General conference:> March 31-April 1, (see www.lds.org for times and broadcast information)
Oakland Interstake Center:> "Lamb of God" musical performance, April 6-8, 7 p.m., auditorium (tickets required, see www.LambOfGodOakland.com )
Concerts:> Good Friday Concert, April 6, 7:30 p.m., Menlo Park Stake Center, 1105 Valparaiso Ave., Menlo Park; Stanford Easter Concert: "Be Not Afraid, Only Believe: An Easter Celebration of Christ," April 10, 7:30 p.m., Stanford University Memorial Church
Bay Area Genesis Group:> Fireside, "Blacks in the Scriptures," March 25, 7 p.m., chapel at Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center:> Art Exhibit Black History Month, daily, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; textile exhibit, "Family Ties," daily, though April 30; Night of Music and Inspiration, March 20, 7:30 p.m.; Heart of Maryland Chorus, March 24, 7 p.m.; Mormon Orchestra Spring Concert, March 25, 7 p.m. (see href="http://www.mormon.org/dc" www.mormon.org/dc" TARGET="_blank">target="_blank">www.mormon.org/dc)
Independence Visitors Center:> "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Kansas City Missouri Temple:> Open house, April 7-21, (tickets required, see kansascitymormontemple.org ); dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Anything for Auni: A community rallies to...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Defending the Faith: Some things are more...
- David Archuleta launches 'Glorious' video...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 56
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 40
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- California orders churches, others to... 28
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 13
- LDS Church releases video about suicide... 11