NEW ORLEANS — John Wall had 26 points and 12 assists, and the Washington Wizards won hours after making a multiplayer deal at the NBA trade deadline, 99-89 over the New Orleans Hornets on Thursday night.
Roger Mason scored 17 of his season-high 19 points in the second half to help the Wizards snap a three-game skid and win for only the 10th time this season.
Chris Kaman scored 20 points for the Hornets, who erased a 16-point deficit and took a brief lead in the fourth quarter, only to watch Mason hit three 3-pointers during a 13-0 Washington run.
Earlier in the day, Washington traded guard Nick Young and centers JaVale McGee and Ronny Turiaf to Denver as part of a three team deal.
MAVERICKS 101, BOBCATS 96: At Dallas, Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points and Dallas rallied from 14 points down in the second quarter.
The Mavericks won their second straight — improving to 15-0 all-time against the Bobcats — although the victories have come against lottery-bound Washington and Charlotte.
Jason Terry added 18 points for the Mavs, who had lost eight of their previous 11.
Corey Maggette scored 21 points to lead the league-worst Bobcats (6-36).
THUNDER 103, NUGGETS 90: At Denver, Kevin Durant scored 24 points, Russell Westbrook had 23 and Oklahoma City beat short-handed Denver.
Andre Miller had 17 to lead the Nuggets.
SUNS 91, CLIPPERS 87: At Los Angeles, Shannon Brown had 21 points with three treys and Sebastian Telfair dished eight assists. Blake Griffin posted a game-high 25 points.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15