SALT LAKE CITY — Indie singer-songwriter Tyrone Wells will be the guest presenter at the monthly Soundcheck Series workshop March 19.
Wells' presentation, "4 Reasons to be an Independent Artist," will be held at the Tahitian Noni Auditorium, 333 Park Lane, Provo, beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets purchased in advance of the workshop are $15 or $20 at the door. Workshop tickets can be purchased at www.soundcheckseries.com. The Soundcheck Series workshops are sponsored by Legacy Music Alliance.
The folk-pop artist will have just concluded two performances at the SXSW music show in Austin, Texas, and will launch a nationwide tour in March. He is also scheduled to play at the Velour in Provo on March 20.
Described as "Stevie Wonder morphed into James Taylor and Coldplay," Wells said his new album is a meeting place between big, epic rock music and the sparse and intimate moments created with acoustic sounds.
"Where We Meet" debuted as No. 10 on the iTunes album chart while Wells debuted No. 1 on the singer/songwriter chart. Two songs from the album — "You're on the Way" and "Freedom" — are now in the top 25 of the iTunes Singer Songwriter Top 100 Chart.
Of his experience as a songwriter and singer, Wells says, "I'm not in music so I can get rich. I have what I need and more. The aim for me isn't to get famous. The aim is to make great music that I can stand by."
The Soundcheck Series workshops are held monthly to give musicians access to experts and professionals in the industry and create a forum for exploring all aspects of the music business from publishing and writing to networking, marketing and production.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2