SALT LAKE CITY — Indie singer-songwriter Tyrone Wells will be the guest presenter at the monthly Soundcheck Series workshop March 19.
Wells' presentation, "4 Reasons to be an Independent Artist," will be held at the Tahitian Noni Auditorium, 333 Park Lane, Provo, beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets purchased in advance of the workshop are $15 or $20 at the door. Workshop tickets can be purchased at www.soundcheckseries.com. The Soundcheck Series workshops are sponsored by Legacy Music Alliance.
The folk-pop artist will have just concluded two performances at the SXSW music show in Austin, Texas, and will launch a nationwide tour in March. He is also scheduled to play at the Velour in Provo on March 20.
Described as "Stevie Wonder morphed into James Taylor and Coldplay," Wells said his new album is a meeting place between big, epic rock music and the sparse and intimate moments created with acoustic sounds.
"Where We Meet" debuted as No. 10 on the iTunes album chart while Wells debuted No. 1 on the singer/songwriter chart. Two songs from the album — "You're on the Way" and "Freedom" — are now in the top 25 of the iTunes Singer Songwriter Top 100 Chart.
Of his experience as a songwriter and singer, Wells says, "I'm not in music so I can get rich. I have what I need and more. The aim for me isn't to get famous. The aim is to make great music that I can stand by."
The Soundcheck Series workshops are held monthly to give musicians access to experts and professionals in the industry and create a forum for exploring all aspects of the music business from publishing and writing to networking, marketing and production.
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be...
- What's troubling athletes arriving in Rio? No...
- From The Who to The Decemberists: posters...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Tech-heavy 'Nerve's' style wrestles its...
- Game review: Pathfinder RPG book: Ultimate...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1
- New Southern Utah Museum of Art at SUU... 1
- What's troubling athletes arriving in... 0
- From The Who to The Decemberists:... 0
- 4 tips for planning a successful family... 0