PROVO — The annual Passover Seder Services at Brigham Young University will be March 23 and 29 and April 7, 13 and 20 in 3228 Wilkinson Student Center from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Tickets are available at 271 Joseph Smith Building. Ticket prices are $25 for the public and $17 for current BYU students, faculty and staff.
This year the Seder will be hosted and led by Jeffrey Chadwick, a member of the BYU Religious Education faculty and a specialist in Jewish Studies. Former host and emeritus faculty member Victor Ludlow will be a special guest contributor.
The BYU Passover Seder service will include the biblical unleavened bread and bitter herbs, and will feature other festival foods and traditions of the Passover, all in a specially catered meal.
The Passover has its origins in the Old Testament and also has important New Testament associations. This BYU Passover experience enriches appreciation of the ancient Israelite and modern Jewish celebration commemorating the deliverance of Israel from Egypt. Historically, Jesus celebrated the Passover in Jerusalem, and the Last Supper was a Passover Seder meal.
For more information, call the Passover tipline at 801-422-8325 or Patty Smith at 801-422-3611.
Also, a Jewish Passover celebration, including musical performances, dance numbers, audience participation and readings, will be Saturday, April 7, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Academy Square (Provo Library) Ballroom, 550 N. University Ave. in Provo.
Avraham Gileadi, a Hebrew scholar and literary analyst, and Robert Kay, a convert to the LDS Church of dual Jewish and Christian heritage, will help present the ceremony hosted by the Isaiah Institute.
The event is $18 for adults and $8 for children up to 14 years old. April 3 is the registration deadline. For information, go to josephandjudah.com and click on "Marketplace."
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's influence...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch indexing...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Hobby Lobby,...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 34
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 21
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 15
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4