Prior to this weekend's "Thunder Over Utah" air show, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, joined other VIPs in hitching a ride with the United States Navy Blue Angels.
Uchtdorf formerly served as a fighter pilot for West Germany and later worked as a captain of large commercial jets.
"It's a marvelous day for us, because almost to the day 50 years ago I earned my wings in the Air Force," President Uchtdorf said. "This March of 1962, I started my training as a fighter pilot at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona."
Read more at KSL.com
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 25
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9