Prior to this weekend's "Thunder Over Utah" air show, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, joined other VIPs in hitching a ride with the United States Navy Blue Angels.
Uchtdorf formerly served as a fighter pilot for West Germany and later worked as a captain of large commercial jets.
"It's a marvelous day for us, because almost to the day 50 years ago I earned my wings in the Air Force," President Uchtdorf said. "This March of 1962, I started my training as a fighter pilot at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona."
Read more at KSL.com
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 8