Oxford Eagle, Bruce Newman) MAGS OUT NO SALES MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
OXFORD, Miss. — Tyler Brown scored 26 points, Nic Moore added 24 and Illinois State put on record-setting shooting display in a 96-93 overtime victory over Mississippi on Wednesday night in the first round of the NIT.
Illinois State (21-13) set a Tad Smith Coliseum record for 3-pointers, making 17 of 23 (73.9 percent) from beyond the arc.
Brown was 8 of 9 from 3-point range, while Moore made all six of his attempts.
LaDarius White scored 25 points and Terrance Henry added 21 for Ole Miss (20-14), which lost in the NIT's first round for the second straight season.
Brown put Illinois State up 61-49 after his seventh 3-pointer with 12:22 remaining in regulation and it looked as if the Redbirds would cruise, but Ole Miss rallied to tie it at 84 and Jarvis Summers just missed a 10-foot jumper at the buzzer to send it to overtime.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45