Oxford Eagle, Bruce Newman) MAGS OUT NO SALES MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
OXFORD, Miss. — Tyler Brown scored 26 points, Nic Moore added 24 and Illinois State put on record-setting shooting display in a 96-93 overtime victory over Mississippi on Wednesday night in the first round of the NIT.
Illinois State (21-13) set a Tad Smith Coliseum record for 3-pointers, making 17 of 23 (73.9 percent) from beyond the arc.
Brown was 8 of 9 from 3-point range, while Moore made all six of his attempts.
LaDarius White scored 25 points and Terrance Henry added 21 for Ole Miss (20-14), which lost in the NIT's first round for the second straight season.
Brown put Illinois State up 61-49 after his seventh 3-pointer with 12:22 remaining in regulation and it looked as if the Redbirds would cruise, but Ole Miss rallied to tie it at 84 and Jarvis Summers just missed a 10-foot jumper at the buzzer to send it to overtime.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33