Oxford Eagle, Bruce Newman) MAGS OUT NO SALES MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
OXFORD, Miss. — Tyler Brown scored 26 points, Nic Moore added 24 and Illinois State put on record-setting shooting display in a 96-93 overtime victory over Mississippi on Wednesday night in the first round of the NIT.
Illinois State (21-13) set a Tad Smith Coliseum record for 3-pointers, making 17 of 23 (73.9 percent) from beyond the arc.
Brown was 8 of 9 from 3-point range, while Moore made all six of his attempts.
LaDarius White scored 25 points and Terrance Henry added 21 for Ole Miss (20-14), which lost in the NIT's first round for the second straight season.
Brown put Illinois State up 61-49 after his seventh 3-pointer with 12:22 remaining in regulation and it looked as if the Redbirds would cruise, but Ole Miss rallied to tie it at 84 and Jarvis Summers just missed a 10-foot jumper at the buzzer to send it to overtime.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28